Pages

The Many Forms of Narration In Pictures

Wednesday, June 3, 2009


Narration is a wonderful way to assess comprehension.

I want to show some alternatives to oral narration, some ways that we listen to, observe, and engage our children in the art of knowing...ways we see that they have taken information and made it their own.......in pictures










Winston Churchill said:

"I should have liked to be asked to say what I knew. They always tried to ask what I did not know. When I would have willingly displayed my knowledge, they sought to expose my ignorance. This sort of treatment had only one result: I did not do well in examinations."

I resolve to ask my children to display their knowledge.

I resolve to observe it for myself.


5 comments:

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

Great ideas, and I LOVE that Churchill quote!

Becky said...

Wow....I love how you chose to "narrate" this post and what you are doing in such a creative way! Well done! I also love that quote.

Cheers!
Becky

Barb said...

This is a gorgeous, visual post that I really enjoyed seeing and reading. :)

Thanks so much for the great ideas.

Barb-Harmony Art Mom

Kristine said...

Great quote. I heartily agree. I wish I could zoom in on your lovely photos. I'd love to take a closer look at all the clever work you and your children have done. Beautiful collages.
Kristine

keri said...

I like how you show the many ways to learn and grow.

Post a Comment