Pages

Mary Cassatt

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Even though we are hitting our end of the year push and I am ready for a break, I am pretty excited about our last picture study of the year!


I purposely saved her for last because she is my favorite of this year's artists. The most exciting thing? We got to see her artwork in person at the Art Institute of Chicago!

The Child's Bath by Mary Cassatt 1893

We went on a Thursday night, which is a free night, and it was crazy packed. This corner of the museum with Mary Cassatt paintings was incredibly busy. I had to wait quite a while before I could get a picture with only N~ in the frame.

On the Balcony by Mary Cassatt 1878/79



I got a chance to enjoy this one up close for a little while.

I'm looking forward to learning about her this month I mean, teaching the kids about Mary Cassatt this month!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy learning...er, teaching about these paintings. It just makes it all the more gratifying to see it in person, I'm glad we got to go. Love you,
Ben

LilRedJo said...

You truly amaze me...

Michelle said...

My oldest portrayed Mary Cassatt for a homeschool history program last year. It was fun learning about her. Isn't it great that we can learn along with our kids!

Post a Comment