Pages

Blog Map Geography

Friday, June 12, 2009

Several days ago I added a Flag Counter to both of our blogs. I thought it would be fun for the kids and I to see if we could 'collect' all 50 flags. Then I remembered that I had this book, so we decided to put it to use!

I copied a map for everyone, gave them a sticker sheet, and then set the Flag Counter in front of them.

For the girls, I told them the state and they found them on the map.

For my boys, they had to first identify the state by the flag itself or the abbreviation, then find it on the map.


They had fun decorating their maps...notice the hearts :)


They added a compass rose, which Q~ says means "Never Eat Soggy Worms".


We are over halfway to all 50!


Stickers are always fun, but they were an especially big hit this rainy morning!

2 comments:

Brenda @ Tie That Binds Us said...

Looks like fun and I love the flag counter. Really cool! How are you liking the Bach story? I've got the series on my "wants" list for next year.

Rebecca said...

We have really enjoyed that series this year! We have done Bach, Mozart, and Beethoven...I'm looking forward to doing the rest of the series next year! They are very well done.

Post a Comment