Pages

Book Organization

Thursday, April 9, 2009

To start off, yes, this kind of stuff makes me very happy. Weird, uh-huh, but a very happy lady nonetheless. Here's why.


These three shelves are our science books. They were a mess. The kids either pulled them all out to find what they wanted, or they didn't bother because they couldn't find what they were looking for. For that matter, neither could I. Then I saw ~THIS~ at 1+1+1=1 and thought 'hey, I can do that,,,what a great idea'! So here ya go...
Now, you know my husband, being the engineer that he is, decided to take this one step further. (and about five more hours worth of work longer wouldn't you know...:) He thought that if we tagged the books somehow, they would be easier for the kids, especially the girls, to put away. Soooo.... we added little sticker tags to the spines and made cute little labels for the boxes...

Now, the books should be easier to see, easier to choose, easier to find when we need them for school, and easier to reshelve. THAT is why I'm a little bit more joyful this evening! Here's someone who isn't so happy however...

Just in case you're wondering, I think he's tagged as a drawing book...

7 comments:

LilRedJo said...

VERY NICE!!!!!! Great idea. I too, enjoy organizing things....that is, IF I don't get overwhelmed and crumble first.... ;)

Carisa said...

Oh my, I love the extra steps you took! The tags and graphics are such a great idea!!!!
:) Carisa

Janette said...

GREAT idea and it looks so nice!!

I LOVE the picture of J -- that is toooo funny!! And at least they didn't put him in the "aliens" category or something LOL!!! :)

Rebecca said...

That is hilarious! J would fit in an alien category for sure!

What is really funny, is Q has been checking out alien books from the library and they are laying all over the house...guess he doesn't have to look too far to find an extra-terrestrial...:):):) Man, o man, I crack myself up!!! I think I'll go to bed now...

Anonymous said...

I think that your shelves look great and the extra effort was worthwhile! I plan to do the same when our basement is outfitted for such things! I love the idea of the visual stickers. :0)

I was coming by to visit after you left a post at Simply Lapbooks and shared in the comments there that I thought that your idea to use the lapbook as a gift was neat. I've never thought of doing that and Carisa's lapbooks would lend themselves beautifully to a gift!

Blessings to you!

Anonymous said...

Oh yes . . . that last picture was priceless! Thanks for the chuckle this morning!

KarateMom (AKA Lisa from AHEE) said...

HAHAHAHA! J looks SO HAPPY about his category!

(P.S. FOUND YOU! YAY!)

Post a Comment