Pages

Pleasant Valley

Thursday, April 2, 2009

N~ had the opportunity to visit Pleasant Valley school today. It is a living history one room schoolhouse that invites fourth graders to come experience a day of school from a hundred years ago. I didn't get to go with him, but I did get to help him prepare. He had to pack a lunch with only things they would have had during that time, plus he had to wear the appropriate clothing. He had a great time choosing food, although some choices were less than appealing (lard and sugar sandwiches?...UGH). No, we didn't make those. Here he is in his fancy new overalls and hat.




He said that he enjoyed his day. I forgot, however, to ask him about those outhouses...



3 comments:

LilRedJo said...

How FUN!!

Ruth said...

That is so cool, I didn't know the school existed. The one room church I grew up in was jut like that except for the porch, and stepple. In our later years there, my brother made the outhouse. Nate, you like that lifestyle 'everyday'??

Rebecca said...

N~ said that he likes that lifestyle. When I asked him why, he said "because then I would get to go outside even more!" Yep, that's N~!!

Post a Comment