Pages

Geography Fair

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Oh how I wish that I would have taken our camera to the geography fair last month! A d'oh moment for sure! Ah well, we did take pictures beforehand...

Our finished board. Each of the region pockets held a state lapbook for each state in that region.


Here is the front of Oklahoma. We happened to have extra stickers for OK. We didn't use all the stickers on every book.


The inside is a map. The kids labeled rivers, mountains, and other important geological features.



The back page contains information that we gathered for that state.


The state birds/flowers worksheets I got ~HERE~
The state maps that I used, I got ~HERE~
I made up the back page worksheet myself. I've uploaded it to Homeschool Launch. Homeschool Launch is AWESOME! There is a link in my sidebar. It takes 30 seconds to upload things you make to share with others, so PLEASE SHARE! No sense in re-inventing the worksheet:)

We taught the kids the state capitals using this book:

It uses cute pictures to help them remember the state and capital. For instance, on the cover is an Ark Can Saw a Little Rock. Little Rock, Arkansas! Great way to remember!

At the actual geography fair we had a booth in which we passed out apple pie and cracker jacks. H~ also sang with her kindergarten class in front of the group. It was sweet...again, regret for no camera...

This project was actually our entire year's worth of geography for N~, Q~, & H~, culminating in the fair itself. However, from this picture you can see who helped quite a bit!

3 comments:

LilRedJo said...

Impressive

Lisa said...

What a great project! We had fun doing the geography fair, although I've not posted any pictures of it yet.
By the way, that's the CUTEST centerpiece I've ever seen! Did you get that at Garden Ridge? :)

Rebecca said...

YES! On sale:) Half off...was looking for a deeper discount, but oh well, you really can't put a price on quality!

Post a Comment